By: Betty Crocker
Can’t decide between a snickerdoodle and a gingersnap? Now you don’t have to! These cookies combine both cookies in one.
Gingersnap Cookie Dough
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup shortening
¼ cup molasses
2 ¼ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon salt
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
½ cup Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg. Stir in remaining Gingersnap Cookie Dough ingredients.
- In another large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, the butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Stir in remaining Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough ingredients.
- For each cookie, shape a level tablespoon of Gingersnap Cookie Dough and a rounded teaspoon of Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough into a ball. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Note: The copyrights on the article belong to the author. The responsibility for the opinions expressed in the article belongs exclusively to the author.